2nd Annual Gold on the Greenway
- WHAT: Gold On the Greenway is a concert benefiting the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research
- WHERE: 682 Grove Street, Gainesville Midtown Greenway
- WHEN: 6-10 p.m. March 16
- MUSIC: The Dave Matthews Tribute Band, Allen Nivens and Ryan Casper
- FOOD & DRINK: Johnny’s Barbecue, Carniceria Tapatia & Hops Kitchen, prices vary. Beer garden hosted by Tap It.
- TICKETS: $25 http://bit.ly/2TmwcSW
This year’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend will be the return of one of Gainesville’s best music events: Gold on the Greenway. The event is back for its second year and will be from 4-10 p.m. March 16 and it benefits the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer. Tickets are $25.
This event was organized by the parents of local children who have been diagnosed with cancer to raise money for the research of childhood cancer. The benefit concert will feature several musical artists including The Dave Matthews Tribute Band and local musicians Ryan Casper and Allen Nivens. Last year, the event raised $133,580 for the Rally Foundation.
Allen Nivens is a homegrown singer songwriter, and oil salesman, who has an affinity for Frank Sinatra, the Allman Brothers, and Elvis Presley. Ryan Casper will be playing country and classic rock covers, sure to please the crowd.
There also will be local restaurants onsite for the event; including Johnny’s Barbecue, Frozen Frenzee, Carniceria Tapatia and Hop’s Kitchen. Tap It will be providing a Beer Garden
This is an outdoor family friendly event, so grab your chairs, and blankets and go enjoy an evening of laid back entertainment, while supporting some tough kids and The Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research.
Abernathy Cochran Real Estate Group intern Grace Slayton contributed to this blog.